2024 Textures Issue

Shortnort

Question

I am having difficulties creating and modifying VW Textures.  Here is an example (but happens for ALL textures):

Imported Metal Blue RT

Changed color then the displayed color is a jumbled mess... Clicked ok hoping it would be successful, but nope... 

I have tried several textures, changing settings, etc. but to no avail... So I can not customize textures anymore.

image.png.e976e812b8f0a379f6a465fa4d180b92.pngimage.png.8fd3dc425969e46916bde2d6ee4cbd96.pngimage.png.f18fabc9d04e468b26d4779a39c3c02b.png

8 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The texture thumbnail looking like that means that Cineware did not launch properly.  It either timed out launching, or is missing a system component.  This can happen if you copy Vectorworks to a new machine without running the installer, which installs required software components in the system.  Or, on first launch, Cineware may take an unusual amount of time, and the second launch should be faster and successful.  Or, if you recently updated the OS significantly (like going to a new major version); re-running the installer should help.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jblock said:

@ShortnortMy best guess would be a graphics card problem. Is there an updated driver for your graphics card on your system? Were you able to edit textures before on this machine? 

I have not updated my OS and  I have changed textures recently with no difficulties.  For some reason VW takes a very long time loading Cineware since I upgraded to 2024, and yes, I installed 2024 directly to this machine (which is the only one I use for VW).

I will research the graphics driver issue, but I have a program that is supposed to keep those up to date.

Thanks for the suggestions.

11 hours ago, jblock said:

@ShortnortMy best guess would be a graphics card problem. Is there an updated driver for your graphics card on your system? Were you able to edit textures before on this machine? 

I have not updated my OS and  I have changed textures recently with no difficulties.  For some reason VW takes a very long time loading Cineware since I upgraded to 2024, and yes, I installed 2024 directly to this machine (which is the only one I use for VW).

I will research the graphics driver issue, but I have a program that is supposed to keep those up to date.

Thanks for the suggestions.

My graphics card is fine.  Also, there is NO PROBLEM with textures in VW 2023.  Perhaps the latest update has a glitch? 

image.png.301300f2fe5ca08a4606eaa6b7220357.png

Processor    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor                4.20 GHz
Installed RAM    64.0 GB

Graphics Card   AMD Radeon RX 6600 (Latest driver installed)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

Is my machine adequate for VW2024?

My graphics card is fine.  Also, there is NO PROBLEM with textures in VW 2023.  Perhaps the latest update has a glitch? 

image.png.301300f2fe5ca08a4606eaa6b7220357.png

Processor    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor                4.20 GHz
Installed RAM    64.0 GB

Graphics Card   AMD Radeon RX 6600 (Latest driver installed)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

Is my machine adequate for VW2024?