Shaded Lighting VW2023 SP7

MGuilfoile

Question

It was my understanding that the eight-light limitation for Shaded view was removed for VW2023 so that all lights would be active. This is not the case as I have three lights with gobos which really must be visible, but are not. They work fine in Renderworks modes. But that's not all. Even when I isolate the gobo lights on a layer where they are the only lights, the image they project is incorrect. In fact, it is inversed. As before, it renders fine in Renderworks mode.

So, this is a two-part problem 1.) The eight-light restriction is still in place with my installation of VW2023 (Windows 10) and 2.) Even when it works, it does not project properly. Am I doing something wrong, perhaps not ticking a box somewhere? All the Shaded view tests were done on Very High and everything switched on in the Shaded veiw options (except the one for shadows on the floor only.) While I'm at it, 3) Vectorworks needs to stop messing around and give serious attention to the lighting problems in Vectorworks.

MH Brown

4 answers to this question

Thank you! I had no idea. I'll give that a try and see if it works. The reason I didn't look for such a preference is why would anyone want to have the number of active lights limited? It seems like an unnecessary preference, but I'm sure there is a reason. Maybe for people with slow computers.

MH Brown