WinDoor Corner Jamb not working with complex styled wall

Sam_UK

Question

Hi all,

I have been trying for a while now on multiple projects, and project files with no luck to show a WinDoor object in a custom wall style.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I can insert a Windoor object into a unstlyed wall that has multiply components and it works fine.image.png.317b527fffc1e3529348b521c7f375f8.png

When I try the same into 1 of my wall styles I get a wired corner offset. I though this might be due to the wall closure settings. So I have then tried to remove all presents for wall closures, but still no luck.

image.png.eb102277057baf2f96bae9f5093c1ca9.pngimage.png.ae4e9ff8988c6e3d219417666fe6cbfa.png

I hope this is a simple fix as I cant see anyone else asking the same questions so I would guess I am doing something wrong.

9 answers to this question

I have checked + I get it too when Wall Closures are enabled. Are you sure you disabled them fully in this case?:

Screenshot2023-11-13at18_26_40.png.55b21ed18daa9b6462c4bcd192f13097.png

i.e. in the PIO Options.

If you need to use Wall Closures have you tried using a VW Window instead + does it work ok there? Or is there a reason why it needs to be WinDoor?

Might need to file a bug report...

Thanks for confirming that its not just me.

I will have to go back to using the native window tool.

I had changed to Windoor when it came available in the UK as I had found it superior, especially when it comes to Combo openings such as doors with a side light that is not full height, as far as I'm aware the native window tool doesn't allow for this.

My strategy has been to use the VW Door/Window tools wherever I can + only use WinDoor in circumstances where I can't get what I want with the VW tools. Whilst there are things you can do with WinDoor which you can't do with the VW tools there are also fairly basic things I rely on with the VW tools which you can't do with WinDoor! But luckily I think in your case (the corner window) you can get the exact same results in a VW Window so no great loss...?

Still be worth filing a bug or letting @Matt Panzer know as might be an easy fix...?

@Matt Panzer that's the trick. thanks for that.

@Tom W. due to the issue i was having I have looked into the window and door tool again, and see that they have seen some good updates of late which is always good to see. I have however come across and issue with these tools aswell and wondered if you have seen them as well.
If a create a custom configuration such as 3 columns and 1 row, with each end side hung and the middle fixed glass. the 3D is fine but the 2D  shows mullions miss placed, like they are offset along the length of the window (see image) image.thumb.png.3bb4c6d05b3ef68eeb605257aa1cc2dc.pngimage.png.22e613fc24a580a814dc7a2bd9921825.png

1 minute ago, Sam_UK said:

the 2D  shows mullions miss placed

This I think is a much-mentioned issue with custom configuration windows which is due to be remedied in Update 2 due out on 21 Nov if I remember correctly! @Matt Panzer will be able to confirm.

There were some big updates to Doors/Windows in VW2024: they are definitely heading in the right direction!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, Tom W. said:

This I think is a much-mentioned issue with custom configuration windows which is due to be remedied in Update 2 due out on 21 Nov if I remember correctly! @Matt Panzer will be able to confirm.

Yes.  This is fixed for Update 2.  As for the release date, all I know is that it should be by the end of November.

• Like 1