Panel Connector Report

aruk

Hi all,

This is probably me being simple when it comes to creating reports, but how would I go about making a report that lists patch panels and the connectors that are in them? I've tried messing around a bit with making reports with panel connectors etc but don't seem to be getting anywhere. 

Any help much appreciated!

PanelConnectorWorksheetForum.vwx

Have a look at Worksheet1 in this file. It contains a database row that reports on Panel Connectors. To see how this row works, right click on the '3' of the database header row and click Edit Report. That dialog shows the criteria and the columns selected. If you want to just re-use that worksheet and build on it, then keep this file open, switch to your target file, then find my file in 'Open Files' in the Resource Manager, navigate to the worksheet, right-click > Import. That will bring it in to your other file.

The 'con_' of con_NC5MD-LX may be confusing to a user of the data, so I'd use a worksheet function to strip the prefix off. Let us know if you're not familiar with how to do that and I can dig out the formula.

For clarity: this is reporting on Panel Connector items inside Panel Layouts in VW 2024 - it is not reporting on schematic panel devices created using the Connector Panel tool.

• Like 3
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 11/12/2023 at 2:44 AM, spettitt said:

The 'con_' of con_NC5MD-LX may be confusing to a user of the data

The reason for that prefix is because Vectorworks need a unique name for the symbol definition. So we have to make sure it won't conflict.

Conrad

7 hours ago, Conrad Preen said:

The reason for that prefix is because Vectorworks need a unique name for the symbol definition. So we have to make sure it won't conflict.

Indeed. Makes sense why it's there - but it won't be obvious to people on site, so I just like to hide it on reports.

If it helps anyone, attached is the same file with the formula added. The con_ prefix still exists to make it work, but the report doesn't show it.

PanelConnectorWorksheetForum_V1.1.vwx