Door numbering sequence

Ramon PG

Question

I did the numbering sequence with the "Manage Sequence" tool, and it worked OK. Now I want to add a new door and, and when the Door Style tells me it can be done "By Instance", the number still reverts to an already used one. Why can't I just give it the next available number and keep on working. Seems I have to do another "Manage Sequence". Why???

Thanks

image.png.686e558d73bf60f6bb89cd6cc4035f11.png

2 answers to this question

Just the way it works.

When adding a new door and selecting the "By Instance" option in the Door Style, the number may still revert to an already used one because the automatic numbering sequence is not updated in real-time. The Manage Sequence tool needs to be used again to adjust the numbering sequence and ensure that the new door is assigned the next available number.

This is necessary because the automatic numbering sequence is based on the existing objects in the drawing. If a space or door is deleted or duplicated, it can affect the numbering sequence. By using the Manage Sequence tool, you can manually adjust the numbering sequence to account for any changes and ensure that each object is assigned a unique number.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

Just the way it works.

Thanks for the explanation. There is a problem with that approach that I almost learned the hard way. While my door hardware consultant was working on the specs I nearly did a door "re-sequence". That would have shuffled all the numbers and I would have lost the relation of door hardware to door number given to me by the consultant.