Keeping Vectorworks Cloud Services app running

Too often I find Vectorworks Cloud Services is not running for some reason or another.

One way around this on macOS is to use Lingon 3 (5 bucks on the app store) to ensure not only that the app runs at login and startup but that it will also be restarted if it crashes. It's basically an app for managing macOS's launchd backend services.

Not sure if there's a Windows equivalent but I'm sure somebody will chime in.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Christiaan,

The Vectorworks Cloud Services can be set up to run on startup either from the app settings or from the OS settings. It should not just stop working if you did not manually quit it. I am asking an engineer to review the log files of your app to make sure there is no issue that causes the app to die silently. If such an issue is found, it will be fixed soon.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

• Love 1

I don't seem to be having a problem with VCS not running now. The only change being that I've now added VCS to the login items in System Settings. So rather than crashing I think I simply wasn't noticing that it hadn't started up at login, only noticing that it wasn't running when I went looking for it.

Seems that the "Run on Startup" setting in the app doesn't work.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Thanks for the update, Christiaan!

I am not able to reproduce an issue with the "Run on startup" setting in the app. Not sure if the Lingon app that you have might have something to do with that?

If the System startup setting is doing the trick, that should be good enough.

Best regards,

Iskra