Please help cleanup some lines in Artistic Renderworks

Archistyles

Hello

Re:

Background render Artistic Renderworks with line and shadow setting.

Foreground render: Hidden line

I am getting these lines at top and bottom of some windows and at attic slab level .

And one know what might be causing them and how to get rid of them? Please see screenshot below

Thanks in advance.

VW 2024 on Mac

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 2.16.36 PM.png

I think Artistic Render mode is not going to be able to do what you want.  It's a very old render mode.

You can use Shaded mode with the color turned off.  Either enable Draw Edges or disable Draw Edges and add a hidden line Foreground rendering.  This will get you the shadows you are looking for. (With MUCH faster render times)

It also lets you use Ambient Occlusion, which combines with Indirect Lighting settings to give you nice depth.  

8 minutes ago, michaelk said:

I think Artistic Render mode is not going to be able to do what you want.  It's a very old render mode.

You can use Shaded mode with the color turned off.  Either enable Draw Edges or disable Draw Edges and add a hidden line Foreground rendering.  This will get you the shadows you are looking for. (With MUCH faster render times)

Thanks but I am not getting anywhere near Artistic Renderworks  with those settings. see below.

Kind of like the Artistic Render and would really really love to find out what am I doing wrong that makes those lines show.

The objects are simple walls and windows on same layer/storey

thx 

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 8.31.21 PM.png

41 minutes ago, michaelk said:

Ambient Occlusion, which combines with Indirect Lighting settings to give you nice depth.  

I played with those settings and got this result

A bit close to Artistic Render.

What I am not getting is the shadow from Heliodon ( eg roof overhang shadow show perfectly in Artistic render above)

Any setting in Shaded mode to adjust to get the shadows? (I had it checked in Shaded options)

Thanks 

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 9.04.21 PM.png

I just tried this in Vw2024 on a SLVP and it looked fine to me, I didn't get the diagonal lines like you're seeing.

The difference probably is that I have the Edge Thickness in Lines and Shadows set as low as I could go.

Hidden line foreground:

ScreenShot2023-09-25at6_34_28PM.jpg.9e1ba64993e4070f88990db730a1ddce.jpg

Background: Artistic Lines and Shadows

ScreenShot2023-09-25at6_34_20PM.jpg.d7c1f3288c3057635af5895580c339e6.jpg

Screen cap of SLVP:

ScreenShot2023-09-25at6_33_57PM.jpg.6dc1ef47d7bd14bc208163fcccb5811c.jpg

• Like 3

Super. you are a champ!

I applied your settings and it worked

Th edge thickness set at 0.001 , we loose the line weight for the edges. I guess with this mode you win some an loose some!!

The look in white is much better than in shaded mode.

I am still curious if there is away to get the shadows in shaded render to look same as in  Artistic render?

Cheers

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 9.50.28 PM.png

• Like 3