Add "Make All Attributes by Class" button to Attributes palette

E|FA

Question

I know it's possible to click on the tiny 3 lines and get a dropdown menu to select "Make All Attributes by Class".  However, I use the command often enough that it would be nice to have a button in the main part of the palette to change this setting.

For anyone interested in a workaround, see the script in this thread: 

• Like 4

3 answers to this question

Yes!

I am playing around in 2024 - the new UI feels great - but the attributes panel is little changed.  There is room for great improvement here.  Just the way a hatch or tile is previewed in that long skinny box with the name over it - not great:

image.png.196c563de756cff7fd19012346aa06c8.png

I think the suggestion of having a quick all by class button is a great idea.  I think a better layout in general should be investigated - with a better preview.  Maybe have a full lager square below that previews the settings. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, E|FA said:

but would adding a "Make All Attributes by Material" be useful as well? 

No. Because the only attribute controlled by Material is the fill + once you assign a Material to an object the fill is applied to that object regardless (the Fill setting in the Attributes Palette is greyed out + can't be overridden).

• Like 1