Alignment of a slab floor with an interior wall.

Leandrovsk

I'm trying to create a floor (brick in image attached) on the slab, but I can't get the component to line up with the inside of the wall.

I've already tried editing the component's "Auto-Bound" option, but none of the options change anything.

Or should I make a separate object from the slab, a floor from a polygon?

Udate: I think I've figured it out, Bounding can't be manual. Anyway, my question remains, is this the right way to draw the floor or would it be better to create a separate object from the slab?

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 14.13.20.png

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 14.15.14.png

Edited by Leandrovsk

The Edge Offset settings in the Slab Component Settings affect yet-to-be-created Slabs only. To edit the edge offsets of a Slab you've already drawn you need to use the 'Edge Offsets...' button in the OIP.

That being said it is often intelligent/necessary to treat your structural floor as one Slab + your floor finish as a second Slab because you're generally running the floor finish between the internal walls + though the doorways + will often have different finishes in different spaces.

• Like 1
Just now, Tom W. said:

it is often intelligent/necessary to treat your structural floor as one Slab + your floor finish as a second Slab because you're generally running the floor finish between the internal walls + though the doorways + will often have different finishes in different spaces.

My rule of thumb is if I have two or more finishes I model the floor finish separately.  If the entire slab has a single finish, I use a slab component.

• Like 1