Circuit arrow style

rcrossland

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
6 minutes ago, rcrossland said:

Conrad,

In this case the fill is transparent, so your answer doesn't make sense to me.

Rob

- Hello Rob,

Sorry about the confusion here. The Pill fill is always set to "None" (no fill) and this cannot be changed at this time. We will add this to our wishlist database and consider it. Thanks for reporting!

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1

Hi @rcrossland

Well there you go! Originally before ConnectCAD became part of Vectorworks it actually was the way I said. It may be that we dropped this functionality for some reason. So here my question for you. How would you intend using the fill color? Would it make sense for you for it to be automatically contrasting the way it used to be?

Conrad

Hi Conrad,

In my example above I'd like it to be a solid white fill, so that it stands out properly against the hatch.

Example

For projects incorporating legacy infrastructure, it would be useful to use data visualisation to colour-code the arrows according to whether the cable is new or existing.

Rob

• Like 1

Hi @Conrad Preen

In addition to Rob's request for the arrows to have a fill, could I also request that the pen colour of the text within the arrow responds in the same way as the circuit bubble currently does, please?

Therefore, if a circuit had only a 'fill' data vis applied, the fill of both the bubble and arrow pill would fill themselves in reaction to the data vis, and the pen colour of both bits of text would be driven by the signal type class? This would be slick and visually more uniform.

If no data vis applied, I would suggest a black fill for brighter text could make a lot of soggy paper and ink usage. It would be ideal if this were controllable, and IMO I'd probably set it to white most of the time.

Hi @spettitt @rcrossland

Thanks for the interesting suggestions. Simon if you have the time could you submit an enhancement request for this? It's not laziness on my part - here in Central Greece where I live we had extensive damage as a result of getting an entire winter's rain in just 4 days last week and there's rather a  lot to do at the moment.

Be happy to get this one into a coming service pack.

Conrad