Hardware schedule worksheet has started mis-labeling keynote identifiers. Any of you worksheet gurus have suggestions?

hollister design Studio

Question

This was working fine moments ago... now it doesn't.

I have some callouts with attached records.

I use them for an overly complicated materials schedule (I seem to be always trying to make thing simpler and succeeding in making them complicated...).

Callouts are on specific classes and have specific keynote prefixes depending on the material or hardware being spec'ed.

The work sheet has criteria that use class and prefix to define what goes where.

image.thumb.png.41b78aad504c855df143d87bb6c08906.png

In the above case the Callout has an "H." prefix and a "H.2." identifier.

And the callout is showing up on the worksheet in the proper place under the proper criteria.

BUT the identifier is showing as "C.2." not as "H.2."

And this flips with sometimes all the identifiers are "c." and sometimes all the identifiers are "H." and sometimes the don't have a letter and are just the number.

Here is another set with the H" callouts showing correctly, but the "C." callouts showing as "H." or just a number

This also shows my criteria:

image.thumb.png.79e62956118eb4f60dbd34b6e285a36f.png

All of these works sheets and callouts have been working fine for at least a year - until today they all of a sudden went weird on me...

Ant thoughts?

image.png

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

That's impressively intricate!

On the Cabinet/Hardware Schedule, try removing all the summarize commands from 4D, 8D, 8E.  That fixed it for me and I don't think you need it - at least in this "simplified" example.

I wonder if it this helps:  Instead of using 

='Callout'.'Keynote Identifier'

try

=CONCAT('Callout'.'Keynote Prefix', 'Callout'.'__KeynoteNumber')

I don't know why adding that summarize command is making it go nuts.  Just guessing:  The order in which the VW database uses criteria, sorting, and summarizing, might be surprising?

I almost hate to suggest data tags to you because what you're doing is so cool.  But data tags are also fun. 🙂 

• Like 2