Create Viewport and dont activate sheet layer

Hey,

I cannot find anything by search and cannot find an option for this, but is it possible to use the create viewport command and have Vectorworks NOT change to sheet layer? Very very often I need to create several viewports on the same sheet layer before I can alter them on the sheet layer, therefore it would be very good to be able to create them all then "manually" change to the sheet layer and do my editing.

The only way that you can create multiple viewports (that I know of) without the program switching to the Sheet Layer every time is by using the Organization Dialog. You can create multiple viewports and edit the properties of them right inside the dialog. However, when you exit the dialog you will be taken to the Sheet Layer that you made the last one on.

Not perfect but at least you can make batches of Viewports if that is what you need to do without the constant to and fro....

Edited by markdd
  • Like 3

A quick tip that saves a lot of time is if you make one Sheet Layer Viewport. Then you can use the Clip Tool or the Split Tool to portion it up into individual cropped Sheet Layer Viewports. Depending on what you are doing, this may be the answer....?

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

You can also just duplicate a viewport, double click on it and EDIT CROP and then reposition it to a different part of your design layer.  So you could make one the traditional way, duplicate it multiple times and then edit those crops.  Don't think that really saves you a lot of time or clicking, but it can be done.