Error Messaging Pasting Grid Lines into Annotations

CW2020

I'm working on a project with several sheet layers that have grid lines located in the annotations. I some how deleted a set from a sheet. I tried copying them from another sheet's annotations and pasting them on the annotations where they're missing, but keep getting the error message: "Grind lines cannot be placed in this container." I could redraft them, but if someone knows I'm doing something incorrectly, I'd appreciate the feedback. Thanks

I have the same/similar question.  In my case, the Grid Lines are on their own Design Layer to control visibility while modeling and easily manage them in SLVP via layer overrides.  I deleted some (but not all) gridlines from a SLVP's Annotations but want to get them back.  Toggling the layer overrides off and on does not restore the deleted gridlines.  I can't really redraw them because they already exist in their Design Layer.  I'm hoping whoever can answer @CW2020's question can probably answer mine if it's not the same answer.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the input E|FA

Well I just realized the ones I'm working on are actually on a design layer. But you can select them in annotations and they highlight and are visible in the OIP. In hindsight I've seen this before, but it didn't cross my mind. The dimension string for them is not visible on all sheets, but I'm guessing it's a class management issue.

46 minutes ago, E|FA said:

I have the same/similar question.  In my case, the Grid Lines are on their own Design Layer to control visibility while modeling and easily manage them in SLVP via layer overrides.  I deleted some (but not all) gridlines from a SLVP's Annotations but want to get them back.  Toggling the layer overrides off and on does not restore the deleted gridlines.  I can't really redraw them because they already exist in their Design Layer.  I'm hoping whoever can answer @CW2020's question can probably answer mine if it's not the same answer.  

See 'Grid Line Instances' button in OIP for the Grid Line on the DL. Access the DL from the VP to access the GL + the dialog.

• Like 4