What is this?

gmm18

Question

5 answers to this question

There are other threads with similar issues.  Known bug.  Quitting & restarting sometimes works.  There are more suggestions on the other threads.

For me, it seems to be related to Door Hardware being turned on.  If I turn off the hardware from showing it goes away.  You might be able to narrow it down by turning off layers and classes one at a time to see if there's something similar in your file that triggers it.  

Good luck & sorry you have to deal with this.

Unfortunately, Service Select support is a bit disappointing.  It might be worth trying, but don't depend on it.  I don't think it's "infected". but there might be some kind of corruption of certain objects (or ???) that causes this.  It's a known bug that they can't seem to kill.  

I have a different visual thing that just popped up yesterday and I'm on a deadline to get drawings out on Tuesday.  Mine involves Section Viewports with identical Layer/Class and other settings having different appearances, with the section fill disappearing randomly in parts of some drawings.  Given my deadline, it's going to be faster for me to fix things manually in annotations than try to contact support and hope for a fix.  I'll post to a different thread in the forum after my deadline.

As a workaround for live client presentations, a workaround might be generating a VGX file in VW Cloud and using the Nomad viewer.  That might get rid of the artifacts, but you'll lose a lot of the viewing power of presenting in VW itself.