Vectorworks does not open files from Windows Explorer if the "Home Page" is open.

Question

I'm not sure how long this has been the case - but it is not a recent development.

I've been meaning to write this down for a while, but it seemed so trivial that I haven't yet. But this morning after trying to open the same file four times, and then getting lost in other projects, and then looking back to see that it still wasn't open, I figured its finally time to see if this is "By Design".

Issue:

• If the Home Page is open and I click onto a file in Windows Explorer, nothing happens.
  • I can use the "recent file" buttons (although because the file names are so truncated, I'm always opening a previous version of a file I want , working on it for a while, realizing I've messed up, and then having to go to the windows explorer and open the proper file and see if I can recreate the work I've been doing on the outdated file ... anyway.)
  • I can use the open button on the homepage and navigate to the file I want.
  • Or I can close the Home Page and then click on a file in windows explorer.

Is this by design?

Or is it an issue that has been over looked?

Or is this just me  (it could be a wacom tablet/windows thing - there are SO many ways Windows and Wacom don't like each other...)

Window 11 pro/VW 2023 SP6 build 711238

• Like 1

1 answer to this question