MVR export from Vision...

Is this possible? I want to send .MVR files to guest LDs visiting my stage at the next festival I'm working on. I generally get the stuff built in VW for planning etc then export via MVR to Vision. I then do some final edits here as I can see things live from my desk. I only seem to have the .v3s though.

Cheers, Matt.

Okay, I can do the final editing in VW but it's easier in Vision and more importantly, I can prove the file easily. Is it something in the pipeline? I've just looked to see if I can import a v3s back to VW and that doesn't seem possible. As Vision is a VW piece of software, its seems odd that files can only go one way.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yea, unfortunately everything going into Vision is essentially one way. We recommend that all changes are made in VW and sent to Vision for this reason. There are some technical difficulties exporting things like MVR out of Vision, but we are looking into a wide variety of alternative approaches to solving this issue.