Can anyone clarify "Plug-in Object Options"?

After 1.5 years of using VWX I finally understand how to utilize wall closures, window "Insert" location, and "Wall Insertion" (contained within the Plug-In Object Options dialog) to properly position windows in my walls. While I appreciate that having this many settings gives us more control over the final graphic representation, it has taken me way too long to understand it, like most things in Vectorworks.

Can anyone explain why the Plug-in Object Options dialog is separate from the window & door tools? Is it because all plug-ins need to have these options available? It increases the complexity of the already confusing window & door tools. At the very least, it seems like if Plug-In Object Options cannot be natively integrated into window/door settings, there should be some way to override it from the window/door dialogs, to keep all the settings for those windows and doors in one place.

I apologize if this has been discussed or answered before, and appreciate any response.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Virginia O said:

After 1.5 years of using VWX I finally understand how to utilize wall closures, window "Insert" location, and "Wall Insertion" (contained within the Plug-In Object Options dialog) to properly position windows in my walls.

Congratulations!  I still can't wrap my head around it.  I have to go back and relearn it each time I need to make a change.

• Like 3

I also recognized PIO options for the first time when I wanted to try Wall Closures.

And am still overwhelmed by needing to access and check 3 locations to get

my Walk Closures under control.

Where each location is difficult and abstract enough of its own.

(Resource Manager, Walls Style, Window Style, PIO OIP)

• Like 2