Omitting one sheet from sheet count

Etienne_Mallee

Question

Hi there,

In my project I have a half dozen A3 sheets ... and one A4 sheet. All have Title blocks on them ... but the A4 sheet is used to output a schedule of plants in the landscape design. In other words, the A4 sheet shouldn't be included in the Sheet Count (Project Data.Total Number Sheets). But the A4 sheet *does* have a little trimmed down Title Block that allows me to include the project details on the A4 report.

Simple question ... how can I ensure that the A4 sheet is not counted in the A3 sheet count?

Been digging and googling for an hour ... but I can't find a resolution (that doesn't involve creating worksheets with formulas that count sheets with specific names)

Etienne

5 answers to this question

23 hours ago, Tom W. said:

If 'Activate title block' is disabled for a TBB it will not be included in the sheet count.

That's strange! .... none of my titleblocks are 'activated' .... yet they are all counted!

Maybe I'm using the wrong field name in my title block. ... it is "Project Data.Total Number Sheets"   ... is that the wrong value to use?

Etienner

47 minutes ago, Etienne_Mallee said:

That's strange! .... none of my titleblocks are 'activated' .... yet they are all counted!

Maybe I'm using the wrong field name in my title block. ... it is "Project Data.Total Number Sheets"   ... is that the wrong value to use?

Etienner

This is the formula as far as I know:

='Title Block Project Data'.'Total Num Sheets'

It is working for me (returning the total number of TBBs which have 'Activate title block' enabled).

='Project Data'.'Total Number Sheets'

This isn't returning anything for me...

🤔

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello all,

FYI Project Data is 'visual'/'localized' name of Title Block Project Data so it is what you will see in the UI but not what is used in the formulas, where we use the long 'universal' name.

@Etienne_Mallee can you share a sample file showing the issue so that I can look into it?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hi Nikolay,

I've just returned to this problem (by trying to solve it in another file)... and it is now working fine! No idea why it wasn't working to start with ... (except that I was inside a different file).

Anyway, now, when I uncheck 'activate title block' the title block is no longer counted on the sheets... as expected.

Thanks for replying.... and sorry we can't sort out what I was doing wrong before.

Etienne