Picket Fence Tool

6 hours ago, Tom W. said:

I'm getting weird things going on when I change the document units to millimetres which I don't seem to be able to correct... 

It appears that the records in the symbols are not converting the units correctly when the drawing is converted to mm.  I have to multiply every unit by 304.8 which is feet to mm factor.  Let me see what I can do.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Monadnoc said:

Will this work on VW 2017 by any chance?

It did have a command that was new and did not work but it was not necessary for the fence to work.  It also appears that 2017 is plagued with the same document units bug that affects 2023.  This file works in 2017 but it set to use "Feet" or "Feet and Inches".   If you change the document units the fence will create the wrong number of pickets.  If you use another Document Unit let me know and I can convert one of the "picket and post" files above to 2017.

Pickets Fence V2017 V2.zip

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

This picket fence tool is really great!  I've modified some of the post symbols to make event site temporary fencing posts with bases. 

What I need now is to report the total linear feet of fencing on my drawing.  I found the "Line length" parameter in the Picket Fence record and that is returning the length of each fence section I've drawn, but it is also returning a ton of 0" results in the worksheet database.  I summed the items to get it down to one 0" entry, but I need it to not show that on my drawing.  In fact, I only need to show the total length of all the fences.  I don't really understand where the 0" results are coming from either making this tougher to troubleshoot. 

Related: I don't see a line length (aka fence length) parameter for the standard VW fence tool at all, how can this be?   

I attached the file I'm using to test out this worksheet.

Any insights greatly appreciated!  

Thanks again for the great tool! 

Worksheet to get line length of fence.vwx