New to Vectorworks

Iainy1961

Question

I hope some larger brains than mine can help me. For some reason Spotlight is not referencing the VW library in the resource manager. How do I get it to look in that folder? When I look in the resource manager it doesn't show all the content I have downloaded. When I look in the application VW folder, they are all there. I can't find a tab that allows me to set the default folder path. Thanks, Iain 

3 answers to this question

Hi Mark, I don't know where the content went,image.thumb.png.097eec7d8b292249be8206f78ffd44f4.png

As you can see I have downloaded and installed the files, however

image.thumb.png.2a59a0ad89fd9ba9d778e5a253d6ebbb.png

There is nothing in any of these folders. I feel dumb, and frustrated at the same time. There is roughly 6GB of data that has gone somewhere. 

Thanks for your swift reply. I have been draughting for many years and this program is really testing me.  

There are two places this content can go. The Application folder or the User folder. Most likely it is in the user folder, but it will be one of those. To locate the User folder, go to the Vectorworks preferences dialog and in the user folders section select reveal in finder.

I’m fairly certain this is where the content goes. Personally I never download any of the content and just use it on demand from the cloud.