Possible to "create room" with no textures?

The Create Room tool is great, but I'm trying to draw a black-box theatre space so I don't want any textures associated with the walls or floor. Having trouble figuring out how to turn the textures off in the Create Room properties box (or what texture to use for a masonite floor/black drywall walls)

1 hour ago, Darin K said:

The Create Room tool is great, but I'm trying to draw a black-box theatre space so I don't want any textures associated with the walls or floor. Having trouble figuring out how to turn the textures off in the Create Room properties box (or what texture to use for a masonite floor/black drywall walls)

There are a couple of strategies here....

Easiest - Grab your walls and slabs, go to the OIP, change your Mode to "by component", go to the Attribute Panel and choose a solid fill color that meets your requirements.

For Rendering - Prior to using the command, set up some materials for the floor and walls that meet your requirements.  A texture could simply be a color assigned to the color shader of the texture with nothing else.  Later you could add more texture and detail to it if needed.

While you are creating the room, you can then select those new textures.

After you create the room, you can select the object like the slab and change the material to something else if you have existing ones you want to update.  This is done in the Render tab of the OIP.

You can go even deeper with setting up wall and slab styles with defined components, but it doesn't sound like that is needed in your case.

Edited by jeff prince
9 minutes ago, jeff prince said:

There are a couple of strategies here....

Easiest - Grab your walls and slabs, go to the OIP, change your Mode to "by component", go to the Attribute Panel and choose a solid fill color that meets your requirements.

For Rendering - Prior to using the command, set up some materials for the floor and walls that meet your requirements.  A texture could simply be a color assigned to the color shader of the texture with nothing else.  Later you could add more texture and detail to it if needed.

While you are creating the room, you can then select those new textures.

After you create the room, you can select the object like the slab and change the material to something else if you have existing ones you want to update.  This is done in the Render tab of the OIP.

You can go even deeper with setting up wall and slab styles with defined components, but it doesn't sound like that is needed in your case.

I don't see a "Mode" in the OIP

Here's how I deal with black box studios:

Set your classes (Venue-Walls, Venue-Floor, etc) to use the textures upon creation, set to a nice dark texture.  Then you can make renderings with those objects dark like you want them, and override the texture for your sections and elevations so your walls aren't pitch black in the sheet layer.