Elevation linework and appearance

Trudging forward with my first full project attempt in VW...

With a BIM centric workflow, how do others get the desired appearance in their elevation viewports?

Attached in an example I working with. I'm finding myself drawing over the model in annotation space. I'd also like to change some of the generated lineweights, some would be in the same class. Also How do I remove or turn off generated Lines?

Thanks,

Rudy Beuc

House 1.vwx

1 hour ago, rudybeuc@gmail.com said:

Trudging forward with my first full project attempt in VW...

With a BIM centric workflow, how do others get the desired appearance in their elevation viewports?

Attached in an example I working with. I'm finding myself drawing over the model in annotation space. I'd also like to change some of the generated lineweights, some would be in the same class. Also How do I remove or turn off generated Lines?

Thanks,

Rudy Beuc

House 1.vwx 50 MB · 2 downloads

in a word… practice!

oh, and patience

oh, and care…

like cameras models never lie.

takes 3-4 projects before you get it close to how you would have drawn it (unless you are like some users of another software that shall remain nameless who simply do not seem to care).

this is why for very good reason they say never wait until you biggest project to ‘do bim’. I would add to that never wait to be told.

bim under duress results in the same result as does bim without a plan where you have no strategy as to how you are going to model.