Texture bed displaying as colored stripes

j.v

Question

Hello,

I am using Vectorworks Architecture 2019 and i have a problem with the texture bed command. When i create it, it shows as colored stripes and does not display the texture. I opened another file, created a terrain and tried the command and everything works fine. Can it be the terrain causing it? What can i do? Its urgent. 

4 answers to this question

What operating system are you running?  This sounds like it could be an OS compatibility issue.

VW2019 is not compatible with Windows 11 or with Mac OS more recent than 10.15 (Catalina).

Or it could be an issue with the drawing being too far from the origin.

Or it could be something completely different.

6 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

What operating system are you running?  This sounds like it could be an OS compatibility issue.

VW2019 is not compatible with Windows 11 or with Mac OS more recent than 10.15 (Catalina).

Or it could be an issue with the drawing being too far from the origin.

Or it could be something completely different.

Hello Pad,

I don't think it has anything to do with the operating system because i created a site in another vectorworks file and the texture bed worked perfectly.

Here it is how it looks like.20230705_171759.thumb.jpg.ca8a7bd5ba3e6dc40458a0f66fab5747.jpg

Did you know you can take a screen shot with your computer instead of a photograph?

You should mention the version of Vectorworks and Operating System you are using to get the best help.

Also, when you have a problem item, it's always a good idea to do a screen shot with the object highlighted so people can see what the OIP says.  In this case, select the object, and hit the render tab on the OIP so people can see how the object's rendering characteristics are set up.

That information will get you the best help.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi, this might be the wrong direction, but have you checked your origins? Often when you have strange geometry or things show up weirdly, it is because something in the file is too far away from the internal origin (the internal origin, not the 0,0 for x/y). This could be the issue if the texture is working correctly in another file.

• Like 1