Label legends on fixtures in a schematic view

Hi there,

I have some vertical booms with static fixtures rigged to them in my file. I'm using schematic views and wondering if there is a way to only have the label legend for the fixtures appear in the schematic view and not on the original fixtures? 

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Sebastian.

No — one of my top wish list items for schematic views is that the label legend should apply to and provide control points for the schematic view and not show for lights that have a schematic view. Adjusting label legends for lights that stack vertically is a nearly impossible task, and I end up avoiding schematic views unless the label legends work without needing to adjust individual labels.

My workaround is to separate out the viewport that shows the footprint (the Clip tool works great for this) and use a combination of class viabilities and Data Visualization to format the original lights correctly. Sometimes I'll use a rendered Top view (hidden line foreground, RW background) for the footprint.

If your vertical position's Schematic is Front or Side (because the view relates to the unrotated position, it's sometimes Top), I find I need to create a new label legend with the light oriented as it is in schematic view (lekos pointing down, movers in elevation, etc.)

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2