Changing an object's layer changes the plane

AndyLowe

Question

Hi Forum

Hoping someone can help with this ...

I'm using 2023. When I try to change the layer of any object, Vectorwork does something very odd to the plane the object is in. It feels like it moves the object to the screen plane, but actually it's more glitchy than that. Feels like an vectorworks error, rather operator error (though I've been wrong before!)Stage_5_stage_master.vwxStage_5_stage_master.vwx. At first I thought it was to do with the pdf i imported, but it actually happens to all objects.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Andy

Stage_5_stage_master.vwx

8 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, AndyLowe said:

Hi TomThanks for the reply. Where did you find that information? Any ideas how it might cause the issue I'm seeing?

I'm talking to Vectorworks support tomorrow .. will post any solution here.

Open the file you uploaded.  Something is wrong with it as it triggers Vectorworks to recover it, some kind of corruption.

Then, there is nothing in the file except what @tom w. noted... a bunch of stuff in the resource manager.

If it helps, this hopefully explains what is happening ...

If I select walls that are on the first floor layer of the the model and switch them to the second floor, those walls appear in top plan I guess on the screen plane. I can force selct them, but nothing else.

It feel like a bug. Will report back what Support say tomorrow.

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 21.03.58.png

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 21.04.21.png

So Vectorworks Support helped solve this straightaway ...

Somehow I'd turned on 'Unified View' accidentally. It's turned off by default, but I think I'd clicked it on by accident. All back to normal now.

Thanks for your help Tom and Jeff 👍👍