Constraining Symbols ?

Many thanks Tom...

The answer was so simple that I just did not see it !

Now lets progress this a little  futher..

I now have a group of light fittings (including interconnectiing wiring) that resizes when I drag the group handles.

I would like to add a light switch symbol connected to this group via a constrained 'rubber line or curve ' (to represent wiring).

Any ideas how I can create the wiring 'rubber line or curve ' that will resize as I drag the light switch symbol to its position ?

57 minutes ago, col clipper said:

Any ideas how I can create the wiring 'rubber line or curve ' that will resize as I drag the light switch symbol to its position ?

How are your scripting skills...? 🙂

See this thread + the example of the Benelux tool: 

It does seem crazy that there isn't something either within VW or available as a plug-in that does this kind of thing. There is nothing on the Roadmap. I draw up all my electrical layouts manually...

Have mentioned the need for this a number of times.  It does seem quite a simply thing and essential for the production of small power drawings on smaller projects.

Also for the symbol of the switch and light fitting to be both 2D and 3D with definable heights and symbol definition for the 2D and 3D representation.

I can see the tool being quite simply in execution.

Click to place light.  Click to place switch.  Or vice-versa.  VW draws polyline between the two.  Keep clicking if the light switch operates more than one light, etc.

Also need to be able to connect symbols after placement as unconnected symbols.

I bet there is something similar in Spotlight.