Power Planning Consumer in symbol

Hello, 

I have recently started using the power planning suite as feel it will be useful for the projects I am involved in completing the story. 

I have been sble to create the distributors we have in rental stock without issue, I am now trying to add conumer parts to existing 3D layout symbols we have for racks and equipment. 

Placing a consumer part in the geometry of the symbol in 3D doesn't show in the power information in the info pallete, and does not allow me to add cables to it from distributors.  

If I convert my symbol to a Lighting device it behaves as expected in power planning, but as a result I end up with a device that contains data inputs I do not want or require in the info pallete. 

I have made sure that the consumer part is placed in the Power-Parts-Concumer Class in case this was causing a bug ny not being there. 

I am running 2023 SP5

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What you need to do is to make your customs symbols distributor objects.

The Symbol is just a symbol, it doesn't know know that its now a device simply by adding the consumer. The Lighting device is a PIO which was intended for use with the cable tools.

To make distributor object you could modify existing content by duplicating and pasting symbol (geometry) inside.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Object should get automatically converted to distributor objects once electrical components have been added to the symbol definition in the resource manager.
There is also a Distributor record that can be attached.

If the symbol is for a light or other object type that has a dedicated insertion tool, you can still use it as the original object type, as long as you activate the relevant insertion tool and then select the object in the tool mode bar resource selector.