Staircase 2D Floor Plan

Vilardaga

Question

Hello everyone

Using the staircase tool we built a staircase which is basically exactly like we want it, except we can't show the material difference between the concrete structure and the flooring / cladding in the floor plan view. Elsewhere is fine: 3D, section, no problem.

It could be somewhat misleading since it looks like a nose step, but we would like nonetheless to be able to show it in certain drawings. In the graphic attributes tab it almost seems possible, but we can't quite find it. Is it even possible? Any ideas are appreciated, thanks!

Ziel2DGrundriss.thumb.png.1e581a9a9e2567ae3289ac27fd1f862b.png

230524_Staircase.vwx

4 answers to this question

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry, I forgot to explain the screenshot... the red dashed lines are what we would like to display. Even if it looks like a nosed step it would represent the underlaying construction of the stair. The floor plan is the only view where the construction doesn't show, since in both 3D and section views we get the separation between the concrete slab and the flooring.

Thank you for your interest in the topic, is it clear now?

Ok I understand now! I don't think there's a way to do this. All I could think of was creating a custom Line Type that was a double line - one black solid, the other red dashed - and assigning this to the 2D tread graphics but I couldn't see a way to do this either...

4 hours ago, Vilardaga said:

Hello everyone

Using the staircase tool we built a staircase which is basically exactly like we want it, except we can't show the material difference between the concrete structure and the flooring / cladding in the floor plan view. Elsewhere is fine: 3D, section, no problem.

It could be somewhat misleading since it looks like a nose step, but we would like nonetheless to be able to show it in certain drawings. In the graphic attributes tab it almost seems possible, but we can't quite find it. Is it even possible? Any ideas are appreciated, thanks!

I don't have a solution, but I am curious as to why you would want to do this in a plan view.

I've never seen it done that way except for detailed shop drawings for premanufactured stairs.