Colour of a object set by a record value

harrybilney

Question

I'm trying to set the colour of an object via a record value. I have a pop up with a few predefined colours in, and want to assign them within the 'Modify by Record Value' function but when I choose 'Colour Value' I only see the first option in the pop up in the values list, not all 12. Is there any reason behind this? What am I doing wrong?

6 answers to this question

As I said in my previous post, Modify by Record is only going to give you options for record values that are already in the drawing.  If you want 12 colors, you will need to place 12 objects each with one of the colors set.  If you have 50 colors you will need to place 50 objects, etc. Then Modify by Record will recognize all the colors.

Modify by Record is based on the values actually included in Records, not the values that are set in the Record Format.

Might not be a bad Wish to have an option to provide all record options for field types of pull down (pop up??).  If you want it, post it in the Wish List forum.

• Like 2