VW2023 Windows 10 File name is no longer displayed above menu bar...or anywhere

MGuilfoile

Question

I'm using VW2023 SP4 or 5, Windows 10 and MacOS Monterey, but the Mac version is not involved here. In the Windows installation, when I opened a new file in VW2022 I could not see the name of the file displayed in the upper left corner. I often have more than one file open, so it's nice to have that reference. Since upgrading to 2023, it is gone. I've done the close and reopen VW and reboot of the computer (neither of which do I consider a solution, just a workaround). How do I get it back?

Thanks,

MHBrown

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
17 hours ago, MGuilfoile said:

I'm using VW2023 SP4 or 5, Windows 10 and MacOS Monterey, but the Mac version is not involved here. In the Windows installation, when I opened a new file in VW2022 I could not see the name of the file displayed in the upper left corner. I often have more than one file open, so it's nice to have that reference. Since upgrading to 2023, it is gone. I've done the close and reopen VW and reboot of the computer (neither of which do I consider a solution, just a workaround). How do I get it back?

Thanks,

MHBrown

Hi @MGuilfoile,

Thank you for posting this question. We noticed this bug recently and have fixed it in SP6.

Best,

Payne

• Like 1

Additionally, on the Windows version, the drawings are not tabbed. In 2022, drawings could NOT be selected by clicking on the tab on the Mac side. I hope that has been fixed. Lastly, when VW is open, but no files are, there is an annoying "home page" that cannot be closed. At least I have not seen a way to close it. It covers my entire screen, getting in the way of doing anything else--like building texture maps in Illustrator and Photoshop. I had this problem before with the "tray" that all the tabbed drawings sat in. It would not be closed. The idea that something has to fill the screen other than a bona fide drawing while VW is open needs to be discarded. Of course, I could be doing something wrong. Please let me know how to turn of this annoying (annoying to me, anyway) Home page or any other non-drawing image while working. I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

MHBrown

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
27 minutes ago, MGuilfoile said:

Additionally, on the Windows version, the drawings are not tabbed. ...

"Additionally, on the Windows version, the drawings are not tabbed."
> There is a menu command for it.

3.png

"In 2022, drawings could NOT be selected by clicking on the tab on the Mac side."

> This shouldn't happen. If it happens, please file a bug.

Home Screen

> Thanks to @Pat Stanford! Yes, you can uncheck "Display Home Screen on startup" and "Display Home Screen on closing the last document" to not display the Home Screen.

There is a close button in the title bar. You can click it to close Home Screen.2.png