Set Win VW shortcuts to behave like Mac VW shortcuts

Rob87

Question

Hi there,

I feel like a noob asking this, but...

1. Where can I change my keyboard-settings on a Windows machine to behave like when working on a Mac machine?

(in the office I am working on a Mac machine, out of office I am remoting from a MacBook to a Win-PC, so it is the same keyboard layout)

- f.e. hold down the "option" key on a Mac while drag&drop to duplicate. On Win it is "ctrl". There are some more shortcuts, f.e. duplicate array etc.

I couldn't find the setting to change the "option" key to "ctrl". Is it within the workspace-editor? Couldn't find it there.

2. Is there a list with all the different key settings between Mac and Windows? 🧐

My goal is to have everything like in the Mac Vectorworks

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

I don't think you are going to be able to do that. I think there are a number of hard coded changes that you will not be able to adjust.

Typically Option on Mac translates to Alt on Win. And Ctrl translates straight across.

BUT:  Option Click or Drag on Mac (to duplicate an item) is Ctrl Click or Drag on Windows.

Some settings are in VW preferences.  Most would be in the Workspace editor.

If your Win keyboard has the keys in the "wrong" place, you might look at getting a keyboard modifier app that would let you swap the mapping of the Ctrl and Alt keys so they are in the same position as on your Mac keyboard.

• Like 1