Focus Symbol/Object

When laying out an orchestra or similar event using a combination of custom symbols and/or the seating layout and/or whatever the specifics call for I am finding myself wishing that symbols could focus similar to lighting fixtures. The goal being select the object(s) you would like and click to focus or even have the pan menu style of adjustment; possibly including fan and the additional options. Lighting focuses easily, but trying to get other objects to point the correct direction without manually rotating each individual symbol or fighting with the seating layout tools after it has gotten you 90% can be extremely time consuming.

Hi Taylor E: i'm not getting it. you're trying to "focus" chairs or custom symbols in an orchestra. right? so is your desire to be able to have a "focus point' for a chair? and that way, bypass the need to individually rotate chair symbols? is that another way to describe your objective?