Text size setting changes when i open the same Vectorworks file in different machine

Rishie

When i open the Vectorworks file in my colleagues machine, text setting looks good.  When i open the save file in my machine some text are overlapping, like the screenshot below.

When i work on the file, do some changes to the model, save it and then open in my college machine again text looks proper. How can i fix this issue? It increases my workflow. 

2031905273_Screenshot2023-04-25at9_48_12PM.png.a1e29d5fb96a1b284efe23d08b8e1071.png

Thank you Pat for the reply. I double checked the fonts and it's same on both the machines. Font house and name names both.

Regarding checking if we're substituting a font

I font this using chatGPT:

Open the document or file you want to check in a program such as Pages, Keynote, or TextEdit.

Select the text that you want to check the font for.

Go to the "Format" menu in the program you are using.

Click on "Font" or "Show Fonts" (depending on the program you are using). This will bring up the Fonts panel.

In the Fonts panel, look for a small yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside it next to the font name. This indicates that the font has been substituted.

Click on the font name to see the original font name and the font that has been substituted for it.

If you want to change the substituted font back to the original font, select the substituted font in the Fonts panel, and then click on the "Substitute" button to choose a different font to substitute it with.

Note: We both are Mac users.

Machine 1:

88345358_Screenshot2023-04-26at10_14_25AM.thumb.png.e86f800c4354e5cd07daa3ac2cf46ae5.png

Machine 2:

image.png.4950409af66f9f6caa330c6e866914d6.png

666842553_Screenshot2023-04-26at10_15_20AM.png.b82e0dd6f8c68b6316e53757ddab99b4.png

I think the font is not substituting.

Thank you for looking into it.

Regards,

Rishienathan R J

Rishie

What I have experienced, this was with a corporate clients and their own custom font(s), we needed to delete any existing fonts and load the fonts from the same source onto all the applicable machines. Then the text played well in the sandbox.

Question: Is part of your screen shot above (the Logo...) from a separate file, or is it from a font initially assembled / created in something other than VW ?

Peter

• Like 1

Thanks Elite, while i delete the font and copied it from my colleagues machine it's solved.

I have checked with all the machine and now the font size is same everywhere.

Answering your question: 

Question: Is part of your screen shot above (the Logo...) from a separate file, or is it from a font initially assembled / created in something other than VW ?

Response: It's a title block created in Vectorworks.

Thank you very much!