3D People - Hidden Line Rendering/Artistic Renderworks/White Model

Gramham

I've been trying to find people that will render in a white model sketch without weird polygon nonsense for a project I'm working on. For the look the designers want I've been doing an artistic renderworks background render and hidden line foreground render to give it some more concrete linework. I've tried a variety of people but most are meshes/created of a lot polygons so when I apply hidden line rendering they become a mess of lines. I've tried image props but that won't work in most renderworks styles. 

Does anyone have a solve or maybe a resource with white model people? Would be happy to purchase models if there are some good ones out there

Instead of artistic rendtrworks try using Shaded (or OpenGL if you're using an older version).  In the preferences turn off color.  Set the Crease Angle Threshold up higher.  I find 70 to be the sweet spot.

In Hidden Line rendering preferences turn the smoothing angle up.  Between 20 and 30 is where I usually set it.  But for some cases you might have to go higher.

The other thing that may help (and speed up your drawing) is Modify>Simplify Mesh…

You should post a picture of what you have done and what you hope to accomplish.

Probably easiest to render your people separately from your scene and then combine in a photo editor.  That way you can turn the lines off for the people.

Alternatively, just use ghost or silhouette photo people instead of trying to model them.

• Like 1