VW 2023 Publishing Issue - Page Size

girwin

Question

I'm having an issue with publishing a plan set in VW2023, where the resultant pdf has the sheets in (what I assume is) "current view" vs. the specified print size, in the is case Arch D, 24x36". I can "export" each page without issue, though the software seems to keep defaulting to "Current View" vs. "Page 1 to 1." If I don't switch it back to "Page 1 to 1" I get what "publish" is giving me, basically a small version of my sheet layer surrounded by an enormous white border. Please advise.

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @girwin,

From the Export PDF settings, check the "Export the whole printable area as one page" and see if you get the desired results.

You can find this setting on the Publish dialog, when you select the items you want to publish to PDF, and click Options. Note that if you are publishing more than one sheet, you need to make sure this option is set for all of them. 

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 5.34.16 PM.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @girwin,

I am glad it worked! You can select all of them at once and then and click Options (click to select the first and then Shift+Click to select the last. This will select everything in between). If you save the set, this setting should be preserved within the set. I think there is also some logic that sets this option by default for newly added sheets once you have selected it previously. So, over time, it should become the default for you as you start using it.