Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Script including Revision Cloud

Peter Z

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to write a little script, that would activate my "Revisions" class and also activate the Revision Cloud tool, but I can't seem to find the correct way of starting the Revision Cloud tool.

I wanted to go for the CallToolByName or CallToolByIndex function, but I can't find the Revision Cloud tool in the Appendix list.

Can someone help me out here? I'm pretty sure the answer is easy

Pat

Was going to suggest what I have used in the past CUSTOM TOOL

...except, in doing a quick example in VW 2023 SP4 (MacBook Pro OS 12.6.3)

None of the Custom Tools do anything after creation (?) - Until I Save / Close / Open and then the file almost behaved as expected (?)

Except that the CUSTOM TOOL will not let me select the Revision Cloud Tool (Greyed out?)

...and the class was not always correct

...and the Revision Time script locked the tool, where the others gave the user a once and done Tool Script 

Peter

Custom Tool Revision Cloud_1.pdf Custom Tool Test File VW2023_1.vwx

The proper name for the tool is "Revision Cloud Tool",  not the "Revision Bubble" that you have in the script. Use the correct name and Revsion Time seems to run fine.

I tested on almost the same system. MBP i9 VW2023 SP4, OS12.6.3

I had no issue about creating new scripts. They ran from the palette right after creation.

My guess on why you can't select the Revision Cloud Tool (and probably many others) is that Custom Tool is very old. It probably only handles the tools that have unique tool IDs. Since many of the newer tools don't have these, Custom Tool will be getting less and less capable.

Pat

Thanks

FYI - I (attempted to ...) selected the Tool - VW 23 picked the names in the Script ...

( ¿ In the Script there is only a number CallTool(-240); ?)

Went back and read the VW 23 - HELP for Custom Tool -  No scripting knowledge is necessary  is what it states.

It does not indicate many / any limitations

New test File, create new Custom Tool - Ran Script... - Script gets stuck in a loop or ? 

Attempted to review / edit the script based on your comments above.

Unable to (After 10 min Forced Quit) see attached

Peter

VW:RW Designer 23 SP4 Up to Date.pdf Revision Could Tool_1.pdf Custom Tool Script Running Bug VW 2023 SP4_1.pdf

When I have the Revision Cloud Tool selected, and I run Custom Tool, the Tool option is greyed out and not selected so I can't take make a Custom Tool with the Revision Cloud Tool. The same as you show in your Revision Cloud Tool_1.pdf file.

So Custom Tool has limitation. But you can work around those limitations with a little bit of scripting.