Auto classing with tools

I'm sorry if this is a basic question, but is it possible to have an item created with a tool go automatically into a pre-determined class? I know if I select the class beforehand this will happen. I'm wanting to have the centerline mark tool, create the centerline markers automatically in the dimensions class regardless of the class selected. In other words, I want it to happen like dimensions do. Working in "ABC" class, any dimension created goes automatically into the dimension class (I know this can be turned off in preferences).

It's no big deal really, but in the flow of annotating, I use multiple classes depending upon the specific annotation. It will save me 1 second, but they add up! LOL. 

Thanks in advance for looking.

14 minutes ago, Chris Fleming said:

I'm wanting to have the centerline mark tool, create the centerline markers automatically in the dimensions class regardless of the class selected. In other words, I want it to happen like dimensions do.

Isn't this what happens already? For me, the centreline marker goes in the same class as dimensions do, as specified in Doc Prefs

If it is a data tag or any plugin based on an object Style like the Centreline Marker tag then you can right click on the listing in the resource manager and select plug-in options. You can then set which Class a style will default to. 

A couple of Spotlight plugins have an option to always use a particular class in a settings dialog, but that is an exception rather than a rule.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, markdd said:

If it is a data tag or any plugin based on an object Style like the Centreline Marker tag then you can right click on the listing in the resource manager and select plug-in options. You can then set which Class a style will default to. 

A couple of Spotlight plugins have an option to always use a particular class in a settings dialog, but that is an exception rather than a rule.

I apologize for not understanding. Are you saying that a Centerline Marker can or cannot default to always use a particular class? If I right click on the marker in my drawing, the pop takes me to a dialog where I can change the class, but I can't find anywhere to give it a default class. In my resource manager, the marker doesn't appear in my list of plug-ins at all. 

As it is now, when I put the Centerline Marker into my drawing, it seems just as simple to go straight to the OIP and change the class there rather than initiating a menu and making a selection to bring it up there. Both work. Probably within microseconds of being equal. It'd be easier to simply make sure I have Dimensions as my active class before inserting the marker, but the way dims works is so simple as I do not have to make a class change to use that tool.

I appreciate your help immensely.