Best way to get a landscape area or plant bed on a sloped surface?

JonKoch

Hello! I'm trying to get a plant bed to follow the contours of the site model and I'm not sure the best way to do this? A landscape area is set at an elevation so it doesn't seem to follow the terrain. I'd like to show the perennial bed from the contemporary garden landsacpe area to follow the slope. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, jeff prince said:

Landscape area set to “texture bed on…(existing or proposed)” will stick it to the site model.  You don’t have to set the elevation, landscape areas and plant objects adjust themselves to the model when they are over a site model.  Just update the site model to see the change.

Thanks, Jeff! Seems easy enough. Not sure how I didn't pick that one up on my own. 

2 hours ago, jeff prince said:

Landscape area set to “texture bed on…(existing or proposed)” will stick it to the site model.  You don’t have to set the elevation, landscape areas and plant objects adjust themselves to the model when they are over a site model.  Just update the site model to see the change.

Hi Jeff, 

Apologies for the confusion, but I tried what you mentioned and i've attached a screenshot of the result that I get. It seems it did place the mulch bed on the model but the landscape area still hovers above. 

Thanks.

1074119084_ScreenShot2023-02-28at12_12_53PM.png

50 minutes ago, JonKoch said:

Hi Jeff, 

Apologies for the confusion, but I tried what you mentioned and i've attached a screenshot of the result that I get. It seems it did place the mulch bed on the model but the landscape area still hovers above. 

Thanks.

1074119084_ScreenShot2023-02-28at12_12_53PM.png

Nevermind, Jeff I figured it out! Thanks again!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Amanda McDermott said:

What was the answer please, in case we come across the same thing?!

When you click on the landscape area, make sure that in the OIP where it says "Site Model Layer" it's on the same layer as the site model and then it should stick right to it. 

• Like 1