Entertainment Work Sheets

Hello All,

I've been for the last year to better utilize worksheets outside of lighting design. Some that I would love to create are

Soft Goods
Motor / Cable Count
Electrical Symbol Layout / Provide Amp, Cable Length, for each power drop
Stanchion Count
Seating Section Count

Ect.

What i seem to have trouble with is vectorworks providing the correct information / Formatting. I can export it out to Excel and write in all the functions but that is an extra step and i keep seeing all these custom reports that VW is supposed to be able to do. Any help on how to accomplish this is greatly appreciated. If you have any VW University videos or other video tutorials that would help i'm willing to look as well.

Attached is a photo of one of my worksheets.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cXdikBUrBGQmQ8Yt5

Worksheet functions:

https://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php/Worksheet_Functions

A really helpful tool for me is @Sam Jones's AutoPlot because there's a command to show all parameters of a plugin. That's usually half the battle right there.

Also, there must be a University video about this but worksheets in 2023 have become super user friendly (aside from formatting), so get used to right-clicking on DB headers, etc. to take you to simple filtering dialogs.

Lastly, create and attach your own record formats with whatever info you need to sort, filter, count, color... 

• Like 2