PDF exporting issue

TMR

Question

I am having an issue exported my drawing as a .pdf file.  When I export the file, all the line weights are thick; and the drawing blurred and unreadable.  I am having the same issue when I try the print function saving it as a .pdf.  I welcome any insight into solving this issue.

7 answers to this question

Right click on a sheet layer that does not look right and choose Edit. In the Edit Sheet Layers dialog box make sure you have it set to something (like 200 to 300 depending on your quality requirements and drawing type) rather than the default 72 DPI.  300 DPI will give you over 4 times the resolution and require each page to have over 16 times the number of pixels as you have at 72.

image.png.51fede60e3d9b2b69f3f120076b8f05b.png

• Like 1

Thank you for 

On 4/11/2023 at 2:30 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Right click on a sheet layer that does not look right and choose Edit. In the Edit Sheet Layers dialog box make sure you have it set to something (like 200 to 300 depending on your quality requirements and drawing type) rather than the default 72 DPI.  300 DPI will give you over 4 times the resolution and require each page to have over 16 times the number of pixels as you have at 72.

image.png.51fede60e3d9b2b69f3f120076b8f05b.png

Thank you for the response, I didn't have any Sheet layers, however I adjusted the scale of the design layer from 1:1000 to 1:10 and that did the trick.