Can we generate 3D models with Cloud Services from Project Files?

Christiaan

Question

If memory serves me correctly we can only use vwx standard files to generate 3D models with Cloud Services, not vwxp project files.

Has this changed? Because when I right-click on a vwxp file on the web portal it will allow me generate a 3D model, but:

Edited by Christiaan

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Christiaan,

Thanks for pointing that out! I will look into it. To be honest, I am not sure how the visibility of objects is set in the project file. I need to investigate and get back to you (and also update the Help article).

Perhaps you can try refreshing your working file to be up to date with the project file and then generate the 3D model from there, to set the correct object visibilities?

Best regards,

Iskra 

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I just got a tip from our Project sharing pro 🙂 . You change the visibilities in your Working File and Save & Commit. In the commit dialog, you have to make sure you choose to commit “view settings”. Note: only users with Project permissions or higher can commit view changes. 

I haven't tried this yet, but I thought I would share so you can try also. Maybe it will work for what you are trying to do. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, inikolova said:

I just got a tip from our Project sharing pro 🙂 . You change the visibilities in your Working File and Save & Commit. In the commit dialog, you have to make sure you choose to commit “view settings”. Note: only users with Project permissions or higher can commit view changes. 

I haven't tried this yet, but I thought I would share so you can try also. Maybe it will work for what you are trying to do. 

That did the trick. 

It could be more discoverable but I understand why it hidden away.

806893326_Screenshot2023-02-10at17_42_16.png.3d0e33e2ad0e2970645daca32abefcb6.png

1206399016_Screenshot2023-02-10at17_42_26.png.57fb2da5408ae75ac0edc559cb2e0e11.png

• Like 3