Easier way to fill Titleblocks / Autofill Page numbers

nosj

Hello 

I am looking for an easier way to edit title blocks than doing the whole edit > settings > wait for it to load.... This wastes so much time (being able to edit them from records was so much better) 

Is there any way to make opening / editing title block fields faster ?

The other query I had is there a way for title blocks to auto pull data from the sheet number column in navigation sheet layers. I have tried linking it to sheet # but it doesn't seem to link and just pulls in the value 001. 

I need to Order Sheet layers in such a way that they cant be ordered by actual page number as i have multiple drawing packs that will restart from 001 . I know i can edit by opening the text field manually but this is so labour intensive for 100+ Sheet layers 

Sheet #.PNG

The easy way to make your title block is to start with a Vectorworks standard title block, then edit the style and layout to suit. This keeps all the links and you will be able to grab the drawing number and drawing title automatically. Some parts are setup so that the same text is applied to every title bock (client details, job address, etc).  Have a look at this movie and start at 05:56

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Jonathan Pickup said:

The easy way to make your title block is to start with a Vectorworks standard title block, then edit the style and layout to suit. This keeps all the links and you will be able to grab the drawing number and drawing title automatically. Some parts are setup so that the same text is applied to every title bock (client details, job address, etc).  Have a look at this movie and start at 05:56

Thank you i will look to try and copy that into my file 

I've opened your file - which field are you trying to put the sheet number in? The title block works fine and you've set it up correctly, you just need to add a field that has the ddynamic text linked value of "Sheet Data.Sheet Number"

Does that answer your question?

253452525_Screenshot2023-02-10at09_58_01.thumb.png.5fae9afe020d950053a3d4e53c5368da.png

Edited by _James
  • Like 1

Thank you for looking into this , i think ive got confused with Sheet Data.Sheet # with sheet number . Seems to be working now 

By chance do you know a way to bypass the unique for sheet number as i need to be able to make multiple drawing packs as SB001 -SB005  but the sheet number only allows for unique naming 

No, sorry. I think you need to have unique numbers.

The only workaround I can think of right now is to go to page setup, and have multiple pages either in the horizontal or vertical direction. Then you could have say 4 pages under SB001 which will all have that number. I don't work in this way so i'm not sure but perhaps that would work?1620429950_Screenshot2023-02-10at12_02_16.thumb.png.69ff33b488b710520c537928fbd092ed.png