2 displays and Moom App to control palette layout

The goal is to have a consistent palette setup every time I log on or open VW - right now I am relocating palettes every time I open VW or return to VW after using other apps:

I have 2 displays (LG main monitor and 2011 iMac via Luna Display) and I added the Moom app to control the screen layout (see images included) 

Tech support at Moom says the palettes need 'titles' so Moom can place them on the screens - 

I have included some tech info - I do see the issue that Moom cannot place the palettes and show 0,0 data for location 

I am wondering if others have solved the palette placement issue (with or without Moom)

I am skipping VW tech support for now and am posting it to the experts on the forum - 

Also this may assist other users and prompt the typical forum support - 

140652299_MOOM-screenshotprimary2023-01-30.pdf 1800334545_MOOM-screenshotsecondary2023-01-30.pdf Moom app support #2.pdf moom app support info.pdf

I hope I am wrong, but I don't think you are going to be able to do this.

I have tried several times to use AppleScript to set palette locations and have never found the right incantation to access the VW Palettes. I don't think they are "Mac Windows" so things like Moom and AppleScript can't see them.

Hopefully someone will tell us both that I am wrong.

• Like 1

Pat, ashot's window palette selection is working for me, and yes I assume a laptop could complicate this setup -

As an aside, Moom is terrific for organizing several app windows on a screen: 4 app windows ie: zoom, notes, safari and calendar apps organized on a screen in a prearranged pattern so you can start a task with little setup.

Update:

The VW setting for 'Save Palette Positions' under Window>Palettes does not work seamlessly and I assume it has to with the second monitor is an iMac using Luna Display App to convert the iMac to act as a monitor - When opening and closing files, the palettes rearrange onto a single main monitor - 

However, when I quit VW and reopen a file, the palette locations are correct - 

I contacted Astrolabe (developer of Luna Display) for a review and hopefully a fix, perhaps a setting/preference needs adjusting - 

More to come - 

• Like 1