URGENT: Switching between two licenses commercial and educational

Piotr Karczewski

Question

Hi, 

I have my own commercial license since 2019. For now its Vectorworks Landmark 2023,

in the meantime in October 2022 I've become an Vectorworks teacher on University of Agriculture and I was teaching my students using my commercial license.
Now I have received their final projects and i cannot open it. So I have registered myself again as an university teacher for educational version.

My question is how to change license key between commercial and educational license?
The only window where I can type another SN is an upgrade SP window....
Please help, its URGENT

4 answers to this question

• Administrator

@Piotr KarczewskiIn this situation, I suggest you have one professional version installation and one more educational one. Now, if you want to change the professional installation to academic, go to the Vectorworks preferences>session>serial > and add the educational serial#, then restart Vectorworks. I am assuming you have a 2023 version of your academic license. I hope that helps.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

@JuanP Who needs to help Piotr?

Thanks @Pat Stanford

14 hours ago, JuanP said:

@Piotr KarczewskiIn this situation, I suggest you have one professional version installation and one more educational one. Now, if you want to change the professional installation to academic, go to the Vectorworks preferences>session>serial > and add the educational serial#, then restart Vectorworks. I am assuming you have a 2023 version of your academic license. I hope that helps.

Thank you very much for Your kind help @JuanP, I hope I will be able to switch back to pro 🤣