Softgoods, v2022, and Class Over rides

Kevin Allen

Question

14 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Just tried this.

The Softgoods geometry (Attributes) is not set to by class by default.

Even though this is a class overide the objects belonging to that class should have their attributes set to by class.

I can get this to work with the attributes pallatte set to by class when the softgoods object is selected.

When I created the objects, I chose to use the default classes. I then copied the softgoods-Curtain class to make three classes for Legs, borders,and full stage drapes. They have no fill and a blue stoke, set by class. in the attribute palette they all show they are set by class. Additionally, I clicked set all attributes by class.

3 minutes ago, TomWhiteLight said:

In the design layer the soft goods object responded to the line type. For viewport overides I had to stipulate the curtain class. That is inconsistent to be fair.

I guess my problem is I have curtains that touch the floor.They should have a solid line, I have curtains that trim out at +18' and they are above the cut plane and should be a long dashed line.

Take a look at this video on softgoods.  https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2023/eng/VW2023_Guide/EventDesign1/Inserting_soft_goods.htm

You can added classes for each drape and in those classes you can add line weights to the 2D drawing.    The trick to be able to edit them is to unstyle.  When you select  unstyle you will be able to click on the "parts classes" tab towards the bottom of the Object Information pallet.  This will allow you to enter classes for all the parts of the drape.