LANDSCAPE AREA PLUG-IN STYLE: Why plants centered along edge of a landscape area & why no plants within area of curve at ends of area?

jmccain8

Hi All - Using Vectorworks Landmark 2022, 2D plans only:

Why does Vectorworks display plant symbols centered along the edge of a defined landscape area? It is visually confusing to the client since one would never plant a shrub or perennial centered on the edge between a planting bed and the adjacent lawn area, or along a deck (in my case, see image below).

I would expect some overlapping of plants that often cascade over the edge of the lawn or a patio or deck, but the plants shouldn't be centered along that edge. It would be impossible, for example, to dig a hole along the edge of a deck and center the plant at the line where the deck meets the soil. 

Anything I can do within the various 'Edit Plug-in Style' menus (General, Graphics, or 2D Display) to better contain all the plants within the landscape area with only a little spillover of plant symbols onto surrounding areas?

Also, this why does Vectorworks often NOT display any plants within areas of a curvilinear landscape area (see lower-right of landscape area below)?

Thanks for your help!

James

image.thumb.png.cb3df8872a6ae248c4b2fea3fb245dab.png

1 hour ago, jmccain8 said:

Also, this why does Vectorworks often NOT display any plants within areas of a curvilinear landscape area (see lower-right of landscape area below)?

That looks strange indeed.

1 hour ago, jmccain8 said:

Why does Vectorworks display plant symbols centered along the edge of a defined landscape area?

I think you can argue which way it would be more suitable.

While I tend a little bit to your argument.

Would not want Geranium extend the border.

But a large Oak Tree (?)

But what do I know,

I am a mere Building Architect. 

Edited by zoomer

@jeff princeI'm not sure I understand how to offset the landscape area while maintaining the definition of plants and plant spacing, percentage cover of each plant within the area and all come out accurately in a plant key (worksheet).

Are these just glitches with this feature, in which case we have to hope for a fix in a future version?

Thanks,

James

1 hour ago, zoomer said:

That looks strange indeed.

I think you can argue which way it would be more suitable.

While I tend a little bit to your argument.

Would not want Geranium extend the border.

But a large Oak Tree (?)

But what do I know,

I am a mere Building Architect. 

Yes, you'd want the tree canopy to extend over nearby spaces, but you'd never want to center the tree right along the edge, right? Seems like the tool has a fault or I just don't fully understand it yet, which is definitely a possiblity!