Vw2023 - Sometimes SLVP Doesn't Fully Update After Changing Model / View

rDesign

Question

Sometimes I have found that my SLVPs do not fully update after I have made a change to either something in the model or the linked camera view.

The Foreground Hidden Line is the correct current view, but the Shaded Background render is out of sync. It's like the VGM needs a good kick in the pants.

874987432_ScreenShot2022-12-10at10_28_16AM.jpg.d7a3dadf3eddb39830bdd159fed5555f.jpg

On the SLVP OIP I click 'Update', and it re-renders the view, but the Foreground Hidden Line will be out of sync with the Shaded Background Render view.

It is only when I turn off one of the visible Layers in the SLVP, and then click 'Update' does it correctly update the view.

4 answers to this question

Unfortunately, yes, there's been an issue for a number of years where having Image Effects checked for a viewport causes the issue you describe, but seemingly only when the viewport bounding box changes sizes. I have a bug report filed for this with repeatable steps, so hopefully a fix will make it into a SP at some point.

For now, you have uncheck Image Effects, render again, then re-check Image Effects.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

Unfortunately, yes, there's been an issue for a number of years where having Image Effects checked for a viewport causes the issue you describe, but seemingly only when the viewport bounding box changes sizes. I have a bug report filed for this with repeatable steps, so hopefully a fix will make it into a SP at some point.

For now, you have uncheck Image Effects, render again, then re-check Image Effects.

Very good to know, thank you again.

I was also having another issue with the textures not showing correctly for one object in a SLVP, no matter how I tried to override the classes - it would not show the correct textures. But once I unchecked 'Image Effects' and Updated the SLVP, the textures were correct.

If I can make a repeatable steps to get the bug I will also file a bug report. Thanks again.

• Like 1