Device Custom User Perameters in VW 2023?

ChollyO

Previously in VW 2022 / ConnectCAD, it was possible to edit the "CustomParams' txt file (found in the \Program Files\Vectorworks 2022\Plug-Ins\conncectCAD_Data folder) to add custom parameters to devices created, such as an IP address, or the device type (shown in my screen grab below).  I have since upgraded to VW 2023 and although the adjustments I made in 2022 are showing up, I cannot locate the "CustomParams" txt file anymore.  Here is an example of the IP address customization that currently exists for me:

1638193707_CustomParams.png.a1a7b00aeb3e74c49d6d61bdbff910d6.png

Is is still possible to add additional User Params to my devices?  Where did the "CustomParams" file go?  Or is there a new way of adding these customizations that I have not discovered yet?

I am experiencing a similar issue on Mac. I have a CustomParams.txt file here - 

/Applications/Vectorworks 2023/Libraries/Defaults/ConnectCAD/ConnectCAD_Database

When I remove the comment from the Choice List it does not populate under the User Params in the Object Info Palette.

I do, however, see a previous User Param "IP Address" that I set up in 2022 that seems to have carried over successfully to 2023. I do not see this parameter in the text file though. 

Did ConnectCAD change where these fields are being referenced? Or am I missing a step? 

Thank you in advance. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
21 minutes ago, jchaves said:

I am experiencing a similar issue on Mac. I have a CustomParams.txt file here - 

/Applications/Vectorworks 2023/Libraries/Defaults/ConnectCAD/ConnectCAD_Database

When I remove the comment from the Choice List it does not populate under the User Params in the Object Info Palette.

I do, however, see a previous User Param "IP Address" that I set up in 2022 that seems to have carried over successfully to 2023. I do not see this parameter in the text file though. 

Did ConnectCAD change where these fields are being referenced? Or am I missing a step? 

Thank you in advance. 

- Hello @jchaves,

We have changed the location of these files but I think that your file is at the correct location. Have you restarted VW after changing the text file, so that it can read the updated file? If yes, can you send me your custom params txt file so that I can check if everything is ok with it?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 12/19/2023 at 3:43 PM, Ben3B said:

Hello I had to leave connectcad behind for more than one year 🙂 And now I switch from v2022 to v2024 so weres the CustomParams.txt in v 2024 ?
Thanks !!!

It should be in \Libraries\Defaults\ConnectCAD\ConnectCAD_Database\

• Like 1