Video Wall Rigging

spettitt

Hello, not sure if this is better in the Entertainment forum or here...

We are starting to draw video walls using the LED screen tool. We are not using Braceworks right now, but will be ASAP, and I want to establish the correct workflow in the office now ready for when we are. I would appreciate any advice you have, please.

I have a few needs:

1. Be able to add header/hanging bars for video walls and have them logically associated with the panels. These are needed not only for spacial planning and build use but also for their significant self-weight in calcs. At the moment, the drawings that we need to produce pretty much daily for both clients and engineers on site show an elevation of the header configuration connected to the panels, and this is pretty much standard output for any rental company where we are. With the led screen tool, I can draw a wall and just position the header bars above it, but if I change the wall config/location/etc, it's clunky and the propensity for error is high. Much like how bumps are part of the speaker array tool, video walls need a header bar facility I think.
  2. Be able to attach hoists to said header bar (and thus the LED suspended as well). Sometimes we hang screens on trusses, but very often we just pick them up directly from a few distributed hoists. In this scenario, we have no need for BW calculations since we don't expect BW to know the structural specifics of how the header bars and panels transfer load, we have separate data for that. But we need this for being able to export an accurate drawing of hoists picking up header bars, particularly as an elevation.
  3. Be able to hang said header bar (and LED below) on a truss. This we obviously do want the BW calculations to run for.
  4. (Lower Priority) - an option for 'show symbol' on the LED screen tool, to replace the simple block with the manufacturer's frame. Most LED panels have various features and connection points (particlarly like the dorsal connection point shown below) that are needed to plan wind bracing and other such things. For the sake of processing speed, we would turn the relevant class off for most of the time and have a 'simple' panel within the same symbol, much like truss.

image.thumb.png.1c9b9145cdd3f054f829fa2d53af63d0.png

I would appreciate any advice on how the above can be acheived, please, particular in a way that will calculate properly.

Thanks

Simon

• Like 2

None of your requests exist or work with the current tools.

LED Screen tool only counts panels in a configuration there is no way to attach any additional hardware to the screen.

you have to manually add the additional weights for each component to the total weight of the screen and the screen can only be square or rectangle.

there is also no way of mixing standard and XL size panels in the same screen. 

The shortcomings of the Tool are vast.

• Dislike 1
On 10/14/2022 at 3:03 PM, spettitt said:

Hello, not sure if this is better in the Entertainment forum or here...

We are starting to draw video walls using the LED screen tool. We are not using Braceworks right now, but will be ASAP, and I want to establish the correct workflow in the office now ready for when we are. I would appreciate any advice you have, please.

I have a few needs:

1. Be able to add header/hanging bars for video walls and have them logically associated with the panels. These are needed not only for spacial planning and build use but also for their significant self-weight in calcs. At the moment, the drawings that we need to produce pretty much daily for both clients and engineers on site show an elevation of the header configuration connected to the panels, and this is pretty much standard output for any rental company where we are. With the led screen tool, I can draw a wall and just position the header bars above it, but if I change the wall config/location/etc, it's clunky and the propensity for error is high. Much like how bumps are part of the speaker array tool, video walls need a header bar facility I think.
  2. Be able to attach hoists to said header bar (and thus the LED suspended as well). Sometimes we hang screens on trusses, but very often we just pick them up directly from a few distributed hoists. In this scenario, we have no need for BW calculations since we don't expect BW to know the structural specifics of how the header bars and panels transfer load, we have separate data for that. But we need this for being able to export an accurate drawing of hoists picking up header bars, particularly as an elevation.
  3. Be able to hang said header bar (and LED below) on a truss. This we obviously do want the BW calculations to run for.
  4. (Lower Priority) - an option for 'show symbol' on the LED screen tool, to replace the simple block with the manufacturer's frame. Most LED panels have various features and connection points (particlarly like the dorsal connection point shown below) that are needed to plan wind bracing and other such things. For the sake of processing speed, we would turn the relevant class off for most of the time and have a 'simple' panel within the same symbol, much like truss.

image.thumb.png.1c9b9145cdd3f054f829fa2d53af63d0.png

I would appreciate any advice on how the above can be acheived, please, particular in a way that will calculate properly.

Thanks

Simon

All of this is perfecting articulated, and I wish it existed, so I could use it on most gigs.

• Like 1