Publishing failures

Zsombor

Question

3 answers to this question

I don't know your context but what dpi (or dots per cm) are your publishing at? I ask as my VW dpi setting changed recently without my intervention which caused me some headaches!

Worst comes to worst I resort to pdf995, but in the main VW has improved a lot for pdf output.

How large is the aerial underneath? With very large aerials I tile them and put each tile on it's own class as one way to reduce printer burden (as VW puts all image data outside the viewport into the file - a dumb thing that needs changing).

Edited by unearthed

Thank you for your answer! DPI was OK, I set it to 300 or 200. But I really have big aerials in 2 parts, one is about 3 km by 300 m. In addition under it I have the vwx GIS image whith a worse resolution. But this issue doesn't show on the aerial image, but on the plant graphic. Do you think that it is because of the aerials?

Best regards Zsombor

I do not know, all I do know, in my experience, is that large aerials (or any large raster files) result in problems for VW - I do not do rendering in VW so can't speak to that. Like your many of my sites are multiple km across and VW seems to have been coded to put the whole raster into published/exported/printer outputs.

I know it's a pain but I find tiling my images and putting each tile on it's own class leads to very few problems. It is weird how your plant graphic is degraded though.

As I said earlier I use pdf995 or similar when all else fails, and as a comparison to try and see what may be going on with the vw file.

• Like 1